domingo, 20 de julio de 2008

Nearly 3 weeks in..

Well well been here nearly three weeks now, can´t believe how fast it´s gone! Everything´s still going well. I´ve just about managed to keep the kids under control. They´re both rascals! They don´t listen to a word you say and even worse when you say or pronounce things wrong (like I often do) they just laugh at you. But there´s never a dull moment with them. There´s times when I should be telling them off and I can´t help but laugh. Some of the things they do and come out with are hilarious. They asked me the other day if I was coming back next summer and they both seemed quite disappointed when I said I probably wouldn´t be!

I had a great time last weekend. My Dad came out to Madrid so I went to stay with him for the weekend. He´d found some cheap last-minute flights and claimed it was easier to bring a few things I needed instead of sending them by post. He blatantly just wanted some sun to top up his tan. He wasn´t impressed when it was cloudy on the first day he was here!! haha. It was great to see him and we had a quality time together. It was good to have some company to see some more of Madrid instead of trekking round on my own. It also meant I got to see what Madrid´s like at night as I´d usually have to get a bus home in the evening. The family here recommended a few very Spanish tapas bars in a lively part of Madrid. One in particular was fantastic, I swear we were the only non-Spanish people in there, the atmosphere was buzzing and the food was as they say out here ´riquisima´!

I´m just relaxing this weekend, mainly sunbathing and swimming..it´s hard life here! lol! Yesterday some friends came round and in the afternoon we had a bit of a dinner party. Typically Spanish, we had Paella, which was a bit of a challenge for me as I´m not the biggest fan of seafood. I got through it..just! I could have sat there for hours just listening to them all chatting away in Spanish, although I didn´t understand a lot of it. At the end of the meal we had this unreal slushy punch kind of thing. It was gorgeous, definitely going to find out what was in it and attempt to make it when I get home. I also decided to try out the local church this morning which was an interesting experience, might go again next weekend.

The family next door, with the daughter and the mum I´d been speaking to each day, have now gone on holiday. Which is a bit of a shame as they were dead nice! And Niki..although the daughter is quite good looking (very spanish with dark brown hair) she´s only 16 so just a bit too young! lol. So now they´ve gone it means I´ll have more free time in the mornings, while the kids are at their summer camp, to sunbathe, swim and maybe watch a few films in Spanish.

Next weekend I´m planning to go to Toledo, just south of Madrid, which is supposed to be worth seeing. Looking forward to it.

Much love x x x

No hay comentarios: